The New Instructor Seminar (NIS) is a 2-day workshop that was developed to help prospective real estate instructors
prepare for the unique challenges of teaching the Commission’s broker Prelicensing, Postlicensing, or Update courses.
Rule 58H .0302(b)(4)
, an individual must complete the NIS within the six-month period prior to submitting an application for approval as an instructor.
Rule 58H .0302(c):
In order to complete the New Instructor Seminar, a broker shall:
- attend at least ninety percent of all scheduled hours; and
- demonstrate the ability to teach a 15-minute block of a single Prelicensing topic in a manner consistent with the course materials.
On the first day of the NIS, attendees will receive (1) an overview of the Commission's education, examination, and licensing programs;
(2) an explanation of the Commission’s requirements and expectations for course providers and instructors;
(3) resources for and examples of effective instruction and classroom management skills; and
(4) an appreciation of the instructor’s critical role in the real estate education process. On the second day of the NIS, each attendee
must deliver a 15-minute presentation as dictated by Rule 58H .0302.
Registration fee of $85.00 includes all seminar materials and coffee each day. Day 1 schedule is 9:00am-5:00pm; day 2 schedule is 9:00am – 4:00pm.
A lunch hour is scheduled from 12:30 to 1:30 PM on both days. Lunch is not provided.
- Payment may be made with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or valid PayPal account.
- All fees are non-refundable.
Due to the demand for the New Instructor Seminar, no rescheduling is currently permitted.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled course,
please contact the Education and Licensing Division to inform us of the cancellation. In such case, your registration fee will be forfeited.
You may register for a future course on our website when seats become available, but a new registration fee will be required.
NO CE credit (Update or Elective) is offered for attendance in the New Instructor Seminar.
If you are unsure whether you need to take this course, please contact the Education & Licensing Division (919.875.3700) before registering.
This form is not meant to be printed. If you have already completed the form please use the submit button at the bottom
to send the form directly to the Commission.