The Real Estate Commission investigates complaints against real estate licensees accused of misconduct. If the Commission finds that real estate licensees have
violated the Real Estate License Law or Commission rules, it can suspend or revoke their licenses.
This form should be used when filing a complaint with the North Carolina Real Estate Commission against a real estate
broker or a time share project (hereinafter “licensee”). Please read and follow these instructions.
- Please fill in the information requested below. Then answer the questions and state your complaint on page three of this form.
Your complaint will become a public record, and a copy of it will be given to the real estate licensee complained
against. Complaints cannot be withdrawn or deleted.
Persons who file complaints must be willing to appear as a witness, be sworn, testify and be cross-examined concerning the
allegations made in their complaints.
- Click this link for additional information about the complaint process
If you prefer to mail your complaint, you can get a paper copy of this form by clicking this
PDF document link. Mail the form and any documents you wish to attach to: North Carolina Real Estate Commission, PO Box 17100, Raleigh NC 27619-7100.
The Real Estate Commission cannot
If you have these types of issues, you should consult a private attorney.
- Give legal advice or act as your attorney,
- Assist in resolving contract disputes,
- Order agreements/contracts to be canceled,
- Order monies to be paid or refunded to you, or
- Assist in resolving disputes involving compensation between brokers.
To top of page
This form is not meant to be printed. If you have already completed the form please use the submit button at the bottom
to send the form directly to the Commission.